Friday, December 04, 2009

Installing Abaqus 6.9 on CentOS 5.3

In the past post I was installing Abaqus 6.9 on CentOS 5.2. However, the CentOS was upgraded to 5.3 and I needed to also install newer version of Abaqus, i.e. Abaqus 6.9. So, how did it go?

Just like before, the first problem was: Unable to determine Linux Distribution. But this time it was neccessery to put "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.0 (Tikanga)" into /etc/redhat-release. To change this file root permissions are required.

After that there were no more problems with the installation or the execution of abaqus 6.9.

After the installation was finished I just original content (i.e. "CentOS release 5.3 (Final)") of /etc/redhat-release back.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:16 AM

    You can also handle this with the -nosystemchecks flag on the setup file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you update your OS or abaqus. In fact I want to install abaus 6.14 on centos 7. I followed your recipes and changed 'redhat-release' file, but it does not work. Can you help me?

    ReplyDelete